What is Orangedox?
Orangedox provides one-click create virtual data rooms that are directly synced with your Google Drive folders. Prevent your documents from being shared or forwarded and audit every time they have been opened.
Easily manage your financial due diligence, fundraising, investor relations & investment management.
How to create a virtual data room
1. Go to the “Data Room” app on the left sidebar and click on the “New Room” button.
2. Click on the “Data room label” and name the data room
- For example: Product names; costs; tax numbers..
- Then click the “Choose folder” button
3. Select a folder for this data room
- Choose the folder you want to be included in the data room. You can choose either folder you have on your drive, a folder from a shared drive or a folder that is shared with you.
- By choosing the desired Google Drive folder, every subfolder and file in that folder will be automatically included in the data room. The chosen folder will be synchronized with the data room allowing the changes implemented in the Google Drive folder to be applied in the data room.
4. Specify options
- By selecting the first option “Allow Downloading”, participants can download the files in the data room. If disabled, participants will have the option only to review the files within a browser.
- By selecting the second option “Device Expiry”, participants have limited time access to the files in the data room. The allowed period of time to access the files can be selected by choosing between the given options of 15 days up until 1 year. In the case of using a verified Orangedox account, the access remains.
- The last option “Device Limit”, allows you to choose the number of devices (computer, phone, tablet, etc.) each participant could preview the files on.
*These options can be specified only during the process of creating the data room and cannot be changed later.
- Click on the “Next” button to invite the participants
5. Select delivery option
- If you have selected “Automated Email”, will have Orangedox automatically send an email from email@example.com to each participant with access. Otherwise, the link to the document will have to be emailed individually to each participant separately in order to access the document.
- The access email includes the title of the data room plus the name associated with your account, you can change your name under 'Account' settings.
6. To manage participants in a Virtual Data Room, click on the name of the Data Room
- Allow access to participants by selecting to toggle the switch on the right side of the email address of each participant.
- Renew the access given to the participants by clicking on the “refresh” button located on the right side of the email address, under the toggle switch.